Chapter History:

History | 60th Anniversary Celebration & Video | History Book | Past Presidents

History

In 1952 The Greater St. Louis Chapter became the eighth chapter in the recently organized American Association of Hospital Accountants and it was formed by the 17 charter members listed below. 

  • Mr. William Anderson - Barnes Hospital 
  • Mr. Edgar Harry Boruff -  St. Louis City Hospital 
  • Sr. Mary Acquin (Buckowitz, RSM) - St. Johnís Hospital 
  • Sr. Louise (Burrus, DC) - DePaul Hospital 
  • Mr. Fred W. Cates - St. Lukeís Hospital 
  • Sr. Boniface (Conners, DC) - Central House of the Daughters of Charity 
  • Sr. Zoe (Duffy, DC) - Central House of the Daughters of Charity 
  • Miss Marguerite Humes - Jewish Hospital 
  • Sr. Margaret Mary (Jarvis, SSM) - St. Maryís Hospital 
  • Mr. M. Ray Kneifl - Catholic Hospital Association 
  • Mr. Hilmar M. Lohmann - Lutheran Hospital 
  • Sr. Isabella (McCarthy, DC) - Central House of the Daughters of Charity 
  • Mr. Harry J. Meinhardt - Evangelical Deaconess Hospital 
  • Sr. Monica (Melcher, DC) - St. Vincentís Hospital 
  • Sr. Mary Magdalene (Murphy, RSM) - St. Johnís Hospital 
  • Miss Adele M. Teppe - Missouri Pacific Hospital Association 
  • Sr. Mary William (Winkelmann, OSF) - St. Anthonyís Hospital 

Because we were the eighth chapter (chartered May 7, 1952) in the fledgling American Association of Hospital Accountants (the AAHA was formed in 1946), our early development was closely intertwined with the Association as a whole. Individuals from the Greater St. Louis area had significant input into the Associationís development at the National level. For example, Marguerite Humes served on the AAHA National Board in 1950 and 1951. 
Click here for our full history book.