Welcome to HFMA Greater St. Louis Chapter

History

History

In 1952 The Greater St. Louis Chapter became the eighth chapter in the recently organized American Association of Hospital Accountants and it was formed by the 17 charter members listed below.

  •  Mr. William Anderson – Barnes Hospital
  • Mr. Edgar Harry Boruff –  St. Louis City Hospital
  • Sr. Mary Acquin (Buckowitz, RSM) – St. John’s Hospital
  • Sr. Louise (Burrus, DC) – DePaul Hospital
  • Mr. Fred W. Cates – St. Luke’s Hospital
  • Sr. Boniface (Conners, DC) – Central House of the Daughters of Charity
  • Sr. Zoe (Duffy, DC) – Central House of the Daughters of Charity
  • Miss Marguerite Humes – Jewish Hospital
  • Sr. Margaret Mary (Jarvis, SSM) – St. Mary’s Hospital
  • Mr. M. Ray Kneifl – Catholic Hospital Association
  • Mr. Hilmar M. Lohmann – Lutheran Hospital
  • Sr. Isabella (McCarthy, DC) – Central House of the Daughters of Charity
  • Mr. Harry J. Meinhardt – Evangelical Deaconess Hospital
  • Sr. Monica (Melcher, DC) – St. Vincent’s Hospital
  • Sr. Mary Magdalene (Murphy, RSM) – St. John’s Hospital
  • Miss Adele M. Teppe – Missouri Pacific Hospital Association
  • Sr. Mary William (Winkelmann, OSF) – St. Anthony’s Hospital

Because we were the eighth chapter (chartered May 7, 1952) in the fledgling American Association of Hospital Accountants (the AAHA was formed in 1946), our early development was closely intertwined with the Association as a whole. Individuals from the Greater St. Louis area had significant input into the Association’s development at the National level. For example, Marguerite Humes served on the AAHA National Board in 1950 and 1951. Click here for our full history book.

Comments are closed.